SCUBA diving has been determined as a key tourism product in the National Tourism Development Plan of the Philippines but ways and efforts to sustain or improve it is evidently lagging behind. This gives us the danger of its imminent decline, stagnant improvement, and wasted potential should we not step up our game in its regulation and give due importance to it. PCSSD accreditation will help us monitor the SCUBA diving industry and give us the statistics, facts, and the like to harness this asset. We endeavor to use this advantage as a driver for economic growth, and as an avenue for employment of locals and nation building.
Benefits of Accreditation:
• In case of diving-related accidents, PCSSD accredited SCUBA divers are entitled to a 50% discount, a special rate for treatment at all PCSSD owned and operated Hyperbaric Chambers.
• Inclusion in both PCSSD and DOT endorsed diving instructors list.
• Inclusion in the Dive Individuals Page published on the PCSSD website.
• Prioritized in their intent to participate in diving events, both international, and local, facilitated or endorsed by the Commission and DOT.
• Air Quality Testing to check for oil mist, water vapor, carbon, monoxide, and carbon dioxide content (Purification Standard EN 12 021)
• In case of diving-related accidents, PCSSD accredited dive establishments can declare two of their employees who will be entitled to a 50% discount, a special rate for treatment at all PCSSD owned and operated Hyperbaric Chambers.
Validity is automatically revoked when:
1. The employee declared to receive the 50% discount resigns even if the accreditation of the dive establishment is still valid.
2. The accreditation of the dive establishment has expired.
3. Once an employee resigns, it is the establishment’s responsibility to notify PCSSD on who will replace the declared employee.
• Only PCSSD and DOT accredited dive establishments are permitted to participate in efforts facilitated/endorsed by the DOT and/or the PCSSD in diving related events, both international and local (PCSSD Board Resolution No. 2013-002)
• Inclusion in both PCSSD & DOT endorsed SCUBA diving lists and promotional materials
• Inclusion in the Dive Professionals Page published on the PCSSD website.